Monday, November 14, 2011

Bring back the 70's

My sons are in elementary school, and they have the opportunity to have Spirit Week a few times a year. Some of the days are repeats, and simple to come up with fun ideas. I however was stumped with Decades Day (choices were 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's) being born in the crazy 80's I wanted to go all Cyndi Lauper but I have two boys not two girls, okay I have one but she is not in school yet! So there are MC Hammer pants, Michael Jackson, and the tale end of the 80's Vanilla Ice! However searching Goodwill, all I found was one pair of overalls too large and they were girls, and some jean jackets. I was not willing to pay what they wanted for those jackets for one day of dress up. So my boys have some cords and some white tees that I can tie-dye. Perfect! So I got a kit and made some shirts for my hippies. I found an iron on peace patch and they are all set to rock out for Decades Day!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment